Wednesday , February 20 2019

Time bar for exiting the country after cancelling current residence

I am currently working on a factory iqama (18) with same sponsor for last three years. I have been offered a new job at another place and they are offering me visa which is a general trading company. Is there a rule that I cannot come back within a span of two years once I exit the country after cancelling my current iqama? Can my company apply for a new visa immediately as I leave the country after cancelling my current iqama?

Name withheld

Answer: To the best of our knowledge, if you go through the necessary procedures to cancel your iqama and exit Kuwait, you can re-enter the country with a new work visa without any problems. Indeed we are not aware of any time bar within which you cannot re-enter Kuwait after exiting. The only time bar we are aware of is for those who come to Kuwait on visit visa and exit.

Kindly send your queries to or
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Transfer of factory visa

I changed jobs recently and when the new company was trying to transfer my visa …

Translate »