------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Terminating contract with company after visa transfer

Can I cancel my visa transfer from a new company? They processed my transfer for one day They said that they have submitted my papers already and I told them that I don’t want to continue anymore because I have found better opportunity in another company. Now the company doesn’t want to give my passport and I decided to terminate and cancel my terms with them. I have got myself released from my first company here in Kuwait through shoun.

Name withheld

Answer: Under the Kuwait Labour Law, if you hold a university degree, you can terminate your contract with a company at any point in time and ask for a release if you were hired locally. On the other hand if you don’t hold a university degree you have to work one year for the new sponsor before you can ask for a release. With the above explanation, we believe you can determine for yourself which of the scenarios fit you and advise yourself accordingly.


Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Visa transfer to competitor company

I am working as a mechanical QC in my present company. My visa had been …

Translate »