Terminated within one year, can I get release?

I heard an employee cannot transfer his/her residency to a new employer before one year work in the same job, if the employer terminates the contract with employee within probation period (100 days of joining) or employee wants to switch the job because of some dispute with the employer.

In that case what is the status of work permit or residency transfer? Can the employee easily transfer work permit or residency from first employee to new second employee without having completed 1 year period? Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Name withheld

Answer: As long as your services are terminated, you are entitled to transfer to another company regardless of whether you get a release or not or whether you have completed one year of service. On the other hand you will not be entitled to a release if you resign before completion of one year with the new employer.


Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Company closing due to financial and family issues

I am an Indian engineer now working in a private trading company in Kuwait. I …

Translate »