Saturday , February 23 2019

Sponsor has right to refuse visa transfer

Hi, can we transfer Government Contracting Engineer Visa to Private Visa. My friend will finish 3 years in July, but his current project was cancelled in March, but his sponsor doesn’t want to transfer visa to any other company either to private visa or government visa. In this case what he should do.

Name withheld

Answer: Your friend’s sponsor has the right to refuse to transfer his visa to a private sector company (which is not permitted) or to another government project with a different sponsor. The law will side with him over this refusal but with the caveat that your friend is not left jobless after the cancellation of the project in question. If the latter is the case, then your friend can file a case against his sponsor to seek redress.

Kindly send your queries to or
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Contract ended without notice period

Good day! I am an avid reader of your legal clinic but I think my …

Translate »