------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Adamant Sponsor

I was working with a company as purchasing manager for the last 10 years. Please note that I joined this company locally. On Jan 5th, 2017, I resigned, citing lack of interest by the sponsor to develop the business and considering my personal prospects as well.

However, to my surprise, my sponsor has lodged an absconding case with the labor department. Hence, I too filed a case at my area labor department demanding a release and compensation. As per the agreed contract, I am entitled to get a 40% of overall income apart from my monthly remunerations which has been duly fulfilled by my late sponsor who passed away 2 years ago.

Now his wife has taken the management of the company and I have been denied my entitlements for the year 2015 and 2016 as well amounting to about KD 45,000.

Recently we were called by the labor department for investigation and my sponsor and her lawyer attended the event.

During the interrogation, she refused to grant a release to me saying that I am responsible for whatever business taken place during my tenure amounting to half a million KD.

However, the accounts are very clear and there is confirmation from all the clients confirming the outstanding balance and their willingness to settle the amounts under agreed terms and conditions.

Now I have a new sponsor who is ready to sponsor me on immediate basis and appreciate it if you could further guide me to handle this matter through proper channels.

Name withheld

Answer: From your narration, we gather that your sponsor is adamant on giving you a release even though you have worked under her and her late husband for the past ten years. We are however not apprised of what the Labour Department told your sponsor with regard to her refusal to give you a release. From this, we can only hazard a guess that the Labour Department is yet to give its verdict.

On this score we advise that you wait for the verdict which if it doesn’t go your way, you can file a case in court to seek redress. In this scenario, you may need the services of a lawyer to help argue your case. We wish you the best of luck.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Questions on release and transfer

My company hired me from my home country 2 years ago, do I have the …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;

(function() { var st = document.createElement('script'); st.type = 'text/javascript'; st.async = true; st.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https:' : 'http:') + '//cdn.stickyadstv.com/prime-time/intext-roll.min.js?zone=7056401&contentClass=entry&auto=true&soundButton=true'; document.head.appendChild(st); })(); google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;


Translate »