Sunday , September 23 2018

Single mother (divorced) sponsoring child

I have the following question for the Legal Clinic: I am a single mother (recently divorced) and my son’s residency was sponsored by my ex-husband. My ex-husband recently left Kuwait forever. I want to know whether once the residency expires whether I will be able to sponsor my child. I am working and my work permit mentions KD 450 as my salary. I also have the authority letter for the child, from his father, attested by Indian government.

Name withheld

Answer: According to the Kuwait law, divorcees can sponsor their children if — besides meeting all the other requirements — they have a letter from a court in their own country which states the divorce has been finalized.

An authority letter from the husband is of no use and will not be entertained by the immigration authorities unless it is coupled by a court order on the finalization of your divorce.

So please get this letter from the court and have it attested by the Foreign Ministry in your country.

After that get the same attested by your embassy in Kuwait and the Kuwait Foreign Ministry in Shuwaikh.

Attach this document to your application, along with a copy of your rental agreement, a copy of your Civil ID card, your work permit (which shows a salary of at least KD 250), an affidavit (which has been attested by your embassy and the Kuwait Foreign Ministry in Shuwaikh), the Civil ID copy and passport of the child.

You should have no difficulty in sponsoring your child.

Please follow and like us:

Check Also

Resigned from company still not found job – Residence transfer issue

I had resigned from my current company in February 2017 as I had got an …

Translate »
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial