This post has been read 11059 times!
KUWAIT CITY, Feb 13: In line with the article titled “The Food Authority has stopped the shift system in Shabra, Sulaibiya laboratory” published in Al-Rai daily in its issue of Tuesday, February 8 based on its investigation report, the Chairperson of the Board of Directors and the acting Director General of the Public Authority for Food and Nutrition Dr. Reem Al-Fuleij issued a decision to suspend the shift system for its employees who are working in the fruits and vegetables depot in Sulaibiya, reports Al-Rai daily. According to informed sources, the shift system is determined by the head of the concerned sector – an allowance in the shift system (A) 24 hours of work, to be followed by 48 hours of rest. The working hours for the shift will start at 7:15 am and end on the following day at 7:15 am.
Employees will also be given food allowance based on the Decision No. 12/2012 of the Civil Service Council and its amendments. Article 2 of the latest decision stipulated the following:
1. The shift allowance covers the failure of those charged with this system to enjoy rest days, Fridays, and official holidays.
2. Not to reduce their official working hours during the month of Ramadan.
3. A deduction will be made from this allowance in return for vacations of all kinds and days of absence.
4. A month is considered as 30 days when calculating the deduction from the allowance, as stipulated in this article.
5. The shift workers may not be assigned to work overtime.
On the other hand, informed sources from the authority affirmed that the decision gives the laboratory official the right to choose a group of workers in the center to be entitled to the shift allowance, until the approval of the new budget of the authority, with the aim of not disrupting the work and for speeding up the testing of vegetables, fruits and eggs, showing results and enabling merchants to sell their goods without delay.