Sunday , October 22 2017

Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad ‘causeway’ to be completed by 2018: Al-Hassan – MPW expected to reshuffle directors of networks, roads

KUWAIT CITY, Jan 14, (KUNA): The construction of Sheikh Jaber Al- Ahmad Al-Sabah causeway is going underway according to its pre-set timeframe and it will be completed by 2018, an official at the Ministry of Public Works said Saturday. An undersecretary assistant at the ministry (Eng.) Ahmad Al- Hassan told the press that 71%of Subiyah link has been completed; it’s where the main causeway crosses Kuwait Bay linking the Shuwaikh Port area on the south side of the bay to the Subiyah New Town area to the north; its total length is 36.14 kilometer.

While 51%has been completed at the Doha Link which crosses the south of Kuwait Bay linking Shuwaikh Port with the Doha motorway. The Ministry of Public Works, the owner of the project, always conduct inspection visits to follow up on the progression of the work plan, he pointed out.

In cooperation with Environment Public Authority, periodical reports are being written on any environmental impact of the causeway; reports have been shown no negative effect on marine and land environment, he said. The Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah causeway is one of the largest infrastructure projects to be constructed in the GCC region.

The causeway project provides new strategic highway routes to facilitate planned development to the north of Kuwait City. It reduces distance between Kuwait City and Subiyah area from 104km to 36km; hence, decreasing journey time from 90 minutes to less than 30 minutes. Al-Hassan said the causeway is considered to be the longest in the world. He explained that the project has two parts – Subbiya part and Doha part. About 72 percent of the Subbiya part and 51 percent of the Doha part have been completed so far.

Meanwhile, Ministry of Public Works is expected to reshuffle the directors of networks, roads and maintenance departments in all six governorates, reports Al-Anba daily. The daily quoting a reliable source added the ministry seeks to fill all vacancies in its different sectors.

Check Also

Ministry announces latest in a series of partial road openings – ‘Jahra Road Development Project’

KUWAIT CITY, Sept 29: The Ministry of Public Works announced today another partial service road …

Translate »