Service duration for transferring residence to new company

I came to Kuwait about 2 months ago. I got my iqama (visa 18) one month ago. I am now on probation with the company. Meanwhile, I have got a good offer from some other organization. Please confirm the duration I have to spend before I can move to another organization. I am a university degree holder. I need your opinion on this.

Name withheld

Answer: If you were brought to Kuwait by the sponsor on whose residence you are now, then you are duty-bound to serve him for three years before you can leave for another sponsor. However, after serving a minimum of one year, if the sponsor so desires, he can give you a release to join another company of your choice. The issue of your being a university degree holder is only relevant when you are hired locally and in which case you can change a sponsor at any point in time.


Kindly send your queries to or
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Transfer from visit visa to family visa for infants

I have been with my wife and daughter in Kuwait for the past 3 years. …

Translate »