Thursday , January 17 2019

Resignation before completing contract period

I was hired by a company and I have completed 10 months in that organization although I have a contract for 2 years. I have now resigned from the company and I am a university degree holder. I want to get a release from my organization. Would it be possible to get a release?

Name withheld

Answer: Unfortunately you are not entitled to a release despite the fact that you are a university degree holder. As you stated, you signed a two-year contract with the company and this must be respected failing which you must bear the consequences as spelt out that if your current sponsor accepts your resignation and equally has no objection to granting you a release, he will be free to do so to enable you join another company.

Kindly send your queries to or
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Company situation is not good – Want to resign but company not accepting resignation

First all, I would like to express my sincere appreciation to Arab Times legal clinic …

Translate »