KUWAIT CITY, Sept 16: Deputy Director General of Kuwait International Airport Affairs, Director of Engineering Department at Kuwait International Airport, and Chairman of the Executive Committee for Commercial Flights Restoration at the airport Engineer Saleh Al-Fadaghi says the circular issued previously to all airlines operating at Kuwait International Airport regarding the ban on commercial flights to 34 countries is still in effect based on instructions of the health authorities, reports Al-Anba daily.
These affected countries include India, Iran, China, Brazil, Colombia, Armenia, Bangladesh, the Philippines, Syria, Spain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Iraq, Mexico, Indonesia, Chile, Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon, Hong Kong, Italy, North Macedonia, Moldova, Panama, Peru, Serbia, Montenegro, Dominican Republic, Kosovo, Afghanistan, France and Argentina.
Al-Fadaghi affirmed that travelers from any of the 34 prohibited countries can stay for 14 days in any country other than those prohibited, and then obtain a PCR certificate before coming to Kuwait.
He indicated about a proposal submitted to the Ministry of Health to place the arriving passengers under quarantine inside Kuwait instead of other countries, adding that the minister is studying the proposal for approval or rejection.
In a special statement, Engineer Al-Fadaghi revealed that the prevention of the arrival of any traveler from these countries to Kuwait is based on many readings by the Ministry of Health, including recommendations and statistics of the World Health Organization and severity of the spread of COVID-19 virus as well as the high number of COVID-19 infected cases in these countries.
Furthermore, he stressed that only one person is allowed to enter the airport and receive their family who return from abroad.
Al-Fadaghi explained that the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and various governmental and private entities have been working round the clock since the COVID-19 pandemic without stopping. There was an increase in the working hours during the first days. Also, the cargo and evacuation operations have been ongoing, and work has been progressing based on the plan approved by the Council of Ministers, namely the commercial operation stage, at a rate of 30 percent.
He said, “As soon as a vaccine for COVID-19 virus is discovered, normal activities will resume”.