I am now in Kuwait and working in the country on Article 18 (work permit) visa. My wife is here with me as a dependent. I want to bring my child from India. My baby was born in India. So what is the procedure to bring my child to Kuwait.
Answer: If you are on a work permit and your child is still in India, then you have to meet certain requirements.
You must have a salary of over KD 250 (and this must be mentioned on the work permit) as a lower salary will not be accepted. You would not have faced the salary condition had the child been born in Kuwait with both the parents on work permits.
Now, you have to apply for the child’s dependent visa at the Immigration Department in your area and attach the following documents to the application :
1. Copy of the child’s passport
2. Copy of the child’s birth certificate (attested by your foreign ministry in your country, your embassy in Kuwait and the Kuwait Foreign Ministry in Shuwaikh)
3. An affidavit (attested your embassy in Kuwait and the Kuwait Foreign Ministry in Shuwaikh) showing your relation with the person you wish to call
4. Marriage certificate (attested by your foreign ministry in your country, your embassy in Kuwait and the Kuwait Foreign Ministry in Shuwaikh)
5. Your work permit (showing a salary of over KD 250)
6. Rental contract
7. Copies of your and your wife’s Civil ID If you can supply the above documents, you will not have any problems in getting the visa for your child.
Email your queries to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org