------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Thursday , August 11 2022

Poll says 75 pc dislike new traffic regulations

This post has been read 4516 times!

KUWAIT CITY, Nov 25: In an online survey seeking public opinions in Kuwait over the recent decisions taken by Ministry of Interior, 75 percent of the respondents were against the decisions and the remaining 25 percent supported it, reports Al-Qabas daily.

The survey sought to use some Kuwaiti bloggers as samples for public opinions in the society regarding the ministry’s decisions on traffic violations such as failure of motorists and passengers in the front passenger seat to wear seatbelt and using hands to make phone calls while driving, besides activation of Article 207 of traffic law concerning parking on pavements or locations meant for pedestrians.

Kuwaiti bloggers reacted fiercely to the decisions on social media at a time when the platforms were awash with rumors saying the ministry had rescinded its decisions barely after few days of execution, while the Assistant Undersecretary for Traffic Affairs Major-General Fahad Al-Shuwa’e quickly refuted the rumors.

Major General Al-Shuwa’e affirmed the ministry will continue implementing the decisions amid consideration for humanitarian cases affecting women, senior citizens and persons with special needs. It is noteworthy the agitation for and against escalation after Major-General Al-Shuwa’e issued the rebuttal, especially those who claimed women had been exempted, was a wrong decision.

Check Also

Rush hour traffic plan out; Truck timings, work hours modified

This post has been read 4517 times! KUWAIT CITY, April 4: The General Directorate of …