------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Mother wants to bring son on dependent visa ( Father and Son in home country)

I am an Indian woman working in a hospital. My salary is KD 400. Almost eight months back my husband lost his job and his company cancelled his work permit and sent him back to India. He went back to our country along with our son who is 5 years old. He left the country without cancelling his visa as my son was on my sponsorship but since the last 8 months he is not in Kuwait and his residency has also expired. Now I want to bring my son back. Can I apply for a new visa for him. Will the Immigration Department impose some fines on me for giving me a new visa.

Name withheld

Answer: Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to sponsor your son and get him back to Kuwait because only husbands are allowed to sponsor the children as dependents.

We have noted the fact that you were the child’s sponsor when both your husband and child were in Kuwait but such sponsorship is allowed in special circumstances: like if your husband is having visa problems and is unable to sponsor the child for a certain duration, the Immigration Department — on compassionate grounds — allows the mother to sponsor the child for a certain period.

But, in cases where both the husband and the child are in their home country, the Immigration Department does not entertain the mother’s application to sponsor the child unless the mother is either a widow or a divorcee. So, in a few words, you can’t get a visa for your child.

Check Also

Transferring of wife’s residence to husband – Salary is below KD 450

I am working in Kuwait and so is my wife. We both are on visa …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com


google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;



(function() { var st = document.createElement('script'); st.type = 'text/javascript'; st.async = true; st.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https:' : 'http:') + '//cdn.stickyadstv.com/prime-time/intext-roll.min.js?zone=7056401&contentClass=entry&auto=true&soundButton=true'; document.head.appendChild(st); })(); google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;
Translate »