Saturday , September 22 2018

MoI orders dismissal of student in knife-attack – Female pharmacist wanted by Interpol: report

KUWAIT CITY, March 11: The Ministry of Interior has ordered the dismissal of an unidentified student from Grade 11 and also prevented him from getting admission in any school in Kuwait following a knife attack on a fellow student during a fight inside a private Arab school in Riqqa, reports Al-Anba daily. Commenting on the incident, acting undersecretary for Private Education at the Ministry of Education Faisal Al- Maqseed said the fight between the two students ended in one of them stabbing the other in the thigh and the victim had to be rushed to the Al-Sabah Hospital. He noted a medical report has been submitted to the Undersecretary of Ministry of Education Dr Haitham Al- Athari and the ministry has ordered the all schools in Kuwait not to give admission to the student. He also expressed regret for this incident “in our educational institutions.”

Mixed scam reports: Attorney Mohammad Jassem Al-Dashti said the Interpol has issued a warrant for the arrest of a female Kuwaiti pharmacist following a scam worth KD 2.5 million, reports Al-Rai daily. However, a press release issued by the Public Relations and Security Media Department of the Ministry of Interior has refuted this report as untrue which is circulated in social media saying no such warrant has been issued against the Kuwaiti pharmacist.

The press release has called on the citizens and expatriates not to believe what has been published by the social media except from the official sources. The ministry also said legal action will be taken against those who publish rumors and false news. The daily had quoted Dashti as saying the Kuwaiti pharmacist had agreed with a group of doctors to bring in drugs from outside the country and took from them money exceeding KD two-and-ahalf million.

The daily added, the pharmacist convinced the doctors that the deal was profitable with guaranteed returns and to cover the money, she issued cheques. After receiving the money she left the country. Following her disappearance the victims approached the bank against which the cheques had been issued and found there was no money to cover the cheques.

Newborn baby found: A newborn baby was found in Sulaibikhat and was taken to Al-Sabah Hospital to check the health condition, reports Al-Rai daily. Securitymen and paramedics rushed to the location after the Operations Unit at the Interior Ministry received information on the newborn baby. A case was registered and investigations are ongoing to look for the person who abandoned the newborn.

Please follow and like us:

One comment

  1. I don’t understand what kind of solution it is to not allow the child to go to school anymore cause of the stabbing. Im not saying its okay to stab people, but at the same time every child is suppose to have the right to go to school. I feel like this decision will discourage the child to become a better person instead it’ll fill his rage and he can go out stabbing people in the streets. They need to find an alternative solution.

Translate »
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial