------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Saturday , October 1 2022

Misuse of basement for storage won’t be tolerated

This post has been read 14468 times!

KUWAIT CITY, Aug 6: The Director- General of the Kuwait Municipality, Eng Ahmad Al-Manfouhi during a campaign on basements in investment areas which are being used for purposes other than they are meant for was reportedly quoted as saying, “We will not spare anyone, and we will not tolerate violations when it comes to the application of the law, reports Al-Qabas daily. In a press statement Eng Manfouhi said the campaign is launched in cooperation with the Directorate-General of Fire Department (DGFD) and targeted a number of violating basements in Salmiya area.

Director-General of the Kuwait Municipality, Eng Ahmad Al-Manfouhi talking to the press during his tour of the basement storehouses.

He added, the officials have special instructions on the necessity of adhering to the application of laws, regulations and law, especially those related to maintaining safety saying people’s lives are more important than the violating storage that takes place in some investment buildings whose basements have been designated for car parks but have been converted into warehouses. Al-Manfouhi added that the Municipality and the DGFD noticed investment real estate owners have rented their basements for commercial activities in violation of the building system as well as the requirements of firefighting department, especially turning them into warehouses where flammable and dangerous materials are stored. He said so far, 22 real estate owners have been ordered to vacate the garages in their buildings, and made to sign a pledge not to rent them in the future and to return them to their previous status as car parks or according to the system in force in the Municipality.

Al-Manfouhi revealed 184 violating sites have been monitored so far, and there are 6 teams currently working to clear the basements in the investment areas, and “we will take legal and administrative measures against these violators,” explaining that there are measures that will be taken in cooperation between the Municipality and the DGFD against those who do not respond to the warning.

Meanwhile, The Public Authority for Housing Welfare announced the distribution of the second batch of (N7) 250 government plots in the South Sabah Al-Ahmad Residential City project, 400 square meters each which were allotted until April 6, 2016, reports Al-Jarida daily. The authority said, in a statement, that the cards distribution is on Aug 4 and 7, while the distribution of reserve cards will be distributed on the Aug 8, while the lottery process will take place on Aug 10. The authority called on citizens who are allocated government plots in this project to personally visit the PAHW building in the South Surra at nine in the morning on the dates that have been specified and bring with them the civil ID and the allocation decision, to receive the lottery card during official working hours.

Check Also

‘Evacuate rented out basements’

This post has been read 14469 times! KUWAIT CITY, Sept 22:  Kuwait Municipality has disclosed …