This post has been read 9263 times!
KUWAIT CITY, Dec 26: The Ministry of Electricity and Water revealed until Sunday it has received more than 45 requests from companies and individuals to install electric car chargers, since the ministry opened the door to receive applications in this regard on December 4. The sources told Al-Qabas that the ministry is still studying the extent to which the applications it received conform to the standard specifications it had previously set, and that none of these applications has been approved yet.
The sources expect the approval process for the first application would take place at the beginning of the new year, after which the provision of these chargers would begin for those wishing to obtain them in the local market. The sources stated that no chargers have been approved so far, whether in private housing or in government agencies or the private sector, as this step is supposed to start after approving requests to provide chargers in the local market.
In addition, the sources said that ministry officials held a meeting a few days ago with the Ministry of Finance to discuss activating the decision to purchase clean energy from citizens and producing companies in light of the recent amendment to the ministry’s terms of reference decree, which allowed purchases from citizens and private entities. The sources stated that the meetings with the Ministry of Finance revolve around the expected cost of that procurement process, and the budget that must be available to start this step, which have not yet been resolved between the two parties.