Thursday , December 14 2017

Manila Kuwaiti loses passport

KUWAIT CITY, April 11, (Agencies): The government of Kuwait has canceled the passport of Hussein Al-Dhufairi, who was arrested in the Philippines, last month for allegedly plotting bombings in Kuwait. The one-page letter sent to the Philippines Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Monday, April 10, the embassy of Kuwait confirmed Al-Dhufairi was ‘involved’ with DAESH and was planning an attack against Kuwait.

Kuwait said it has issued a temporary travel document for the deportation and custody transfer of Al-Dhufairi. He will be tried in Kuwait for joining a terrorist group. Al-Dhufairi and Zina were first detained at the National Bureau of Investigation custodial center but were transferred to the Armed Forces of the Philippines on Saturday, April 8, for ‘better security’.

According to reliable sources the Kuwaiti authorities have requested their counterparts in Manila to expedite the deportation. The suspects were arrested on March 25 in an entrapment operation by the BI Fugitive Search Unit.

Al-Dhufairi was able to enter the Philippines thrice, the latest being on January 28. BI said they are investigating a recruitment firm called Q8 for sponsoring Al-Dhufairi’s work visa to the Philippines. Zina would be deported to Qatar, her last known location before she arrived in the Philippines.

Check Also

Appeal denied as 10-yr jail stays for man in terror case

KUWAIT CITY, Oct 16: The Misdemeanor Court has rejected an appeal filed by a Kuwaiti …

Translate »