------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Sunday , January 26 2020

Leaving Kuwait and coming on new visa – Applying for driving license

I was hired two years ago on project visa. Now I have got a new job and will be leaving Kuwait to return in Shoon Visa, same category (18). In the first year of project visa, I had a driving licence under Engineer category but later lost the licence due to change to supervisor. Now after two years of completion of my project visa, I will leave and return on a new Shoon Visa. Will I be able to apply for new licence with the requirement of minimum salary (KD 600) and 2 years in Kuwait? Will the civil ID number change?

Name withheld

Answer: Yes, you will be able to apply for a new driving licence but on condition that you meet the minimum requirements of KD 600 salary per month, being a university graduate and should have spent not less than two years as a resident of Kuwait from the date of your first entry into the country. As regard your civil ID, the number will remain the same regardless of the number of times you leave Kuwait and return.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Driving license for expats working in oil field

I have a valid driving license in my home country. Is it possible to get …

Translate »