-- ------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Sunday , February 5 2023

Kuwaitization policy hikes Kuwaitis number in govt sector

This post has been read 15054 times!

KUWAIT CITY, Oct 31: Five years after the issuance of the Civil Service Council’s Resolution No. 11/2017 to reduce the number of non-Kuwaiti government employees, an official government report revealed that this Kuwaitization policy succeeded in increasing national employment by 5.3 percent in the government sector from 39,671 employees out of a total of 224,054, representing 70.7 percent of the total employees in the government sector in the 2017/2018 fiscal year, to 263,725 employees last year, representing 76 percent, distributed among 28 government agencies covered by the decision.

In application of the percentages specified in the Civil Service Council’s decision, the report indicated that 9,457 non-Kuwaiti employees left the government sector in the past five years, and their numbers dropped from 92,697 to 83,240 by the end of last year during the mentioned period. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) ranked first with the appointment of 2,000 Kuwaiti employees compared to its total number of 5,096 employees.

The report stated that the Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs came second with the appointment of 10,000 Kuwaitis compared to the total number of 23,759 employees, followed by the Ministry of Electricity, Water and Renewable Energy with the appointment of 6,000 Kuwaitis compared to the total number of 25,682 employees. The Ministry of Interior appointed 4,000 Kuwaitis compared to a total of 24,072 employees, and the Ministry of Education made 13,000 Kuwaiti appointments compared to a total of 133,193. By Muhammad Ghanem Al-Seyassah Staff and Agencies

Check Also

The demographics problem!

This post has been read 15055 times! We have a serious problem related to demographics, …