KUWAIT CITY, April 30, (KUNA): Assistant Undersecretary for Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs at the Ministry of Interior, Major-General Sheikh Mazen Al-Jarrah has requested the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue a circular to inform the concerned world bodies that Kuwait will stop using old passport as of June 2018, reports Al-Jarida daily.
The ministry said the deadline had already been announced earlier following the issuance of e-passports. Al- Jarrah noted the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had issued a circular to all members of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Al-Jarrah added, the Nationality and Passports sector has so far issued approximately 700,000 new passports and expects this number to jump to 840,000 at the end of the deadline. He said the centers which issue electronic passports operate around the clock and even during public holidays so that all citizens can be issued passports before the deadline.