------------- --------------

Job offer from UAE

I am an Indian citizen and currently in Kuwait and holding a valid Kuwait work visa. Recently I received a job offer from UAE and they are asking me to join immediately. I cannot serve three month notice period in my current company. So I am planning to go on vacation and not wish to come back. So that, let me know any problem to get residence visa from any other GCC countries.

Name withheld

Answer: You will be breaking the Kuwait Labour Law if you refuse to serve the three-month notice period and leave Kuwait as you intend to do. The best advice we can offer under this scenario is for you to be candid with your sponsor and explore the possibility of him allowing you to leave Kuwait without serving the notice period on compassionate grounds. If this option fails, then you have to compensate him in monetary terms for the duration of the notice period as spelt out in the Labour Law.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Company is refusing to give leave nor accepting resignation and holding my original degree

I am working as a planning engineer in Kuwait private sector company since last one …

Translate »