Hunt launched for ‘hacker’ targeting state institutions

KUWAIT CITY, Feb 11: Just after 24 hours after penetrating the website of the Interior Ministry, the same hacker is said to have managed to access the site of the Public Authority for Housing Welfare (PAHW), reports Al-Shahed daily. According to reliable sources affirmed Kuwait’s Interior Ministry is coordinating efforts with its Saudi counterpart to identify the hacker who is targeting state institutions.

It was reported earlier on Saturday that personnel from the Cybercrimes Department are looking for a hacker who broke into the Interior Ministry site yesterday morning and posted a picture on the ministry website with the nickname ‘aBo 6re5m’ (Abo Treikhm), reports Al-Anba daily. A security source said the detectives have ‘repaired’ the site to prevent any theft, manipulation of information.

The info systems personnel and electronic investigators are trying to trace and seize the hacker. The Public Relations and Security Media Department at the Ministry of the Interior has issued a statement saying the Ministry’s Internet page has been returned to normalcy after thwarting an attempt by the hacker to penetrate. The department also said the concerned security systems have blocked the attempt to break into the page as a precautionary measure in accordance with the established strategy and plans to deal with such contingencies. The General Administration of Information Systems said the site returned to work in record time without any damage. The administration added, the main database of the Ministry of Interior is safe because it is not linked to the site. However, the Al-Rai daily said the hacker entered the site while browsing and managed to control a page through malware and played some singing and dancing video clips. However, he was stopped and prevented from logging in again.

Translate »