KUWAIT CITY, Oct 1, (KUNA): Minister of Health Ali Al-Obaidi has underlined the necessity of depending only on specialists to determine whether there are medical errors or not. After the inauguration of Al- Seddiq Health Center earlier on Wednesday, Al-Obaidi urged the public not to circulate any false news regarding medical affairs without scrutinizing them.
In a statement to reporters, he stressed the need to trust medical cadres and their skills, saying that medical errors occur in all countries across the world. He, however, noted that these errors vary from country to another.
As for health insurance for pensioners, he pointed out that the ministry is on the right track in this field and prepared a plan for it. Concerning Coronavirus, he said the World Health Organization (WHO) is the only body that has the ability to give certain data regarding this disease, warning anybody against defaming the health institutions through any media statements.
He stressed the eagerness of the ministry to take required legal measures in this regard so as to maintain health security inside the country. The minister stated that the WHO and its regional office lauded precautionary measures taken by the ministry to combat the epidemic. He added that the ministry has an accredited laboratory from WHO to detect viruses that cause such diseases, affirming that there are only two cases of Coronavirus in Kuwait. He, meanwhile, said that the Al- Seddiq Health Center cost reached KD 1.7 million and its ground floor includes clinics for diabetes, an eye examination room, a pharmacy and a vaccination room for children. He added that the first floor includes a department of dentistry and a department for maternity care, in addition to rooms for patients, a main laboratory and specialized clinics. Meanwhile, the death rates resulting from severe heart attacks is down to less than two percent thanks to the national heart attack prevention program, said a Kuwait Health Ministry official here Thursday.
In statements to KUNA, Undersecretary at the Ministry of Health Dr Khaled Al-Sahlawi said the program, using updated methods to prevent severe heart attacks, had contributed to the improving rates of treatment. The treatment, taking less than 65 minutes, helped patients to overcome this health issue, said Dr Al-Sahlawi, affirming that a detailed report showcasing the program’s results will be issued soon at an international medical event to be held on October 16- 17. Dr Al-Sahlawi affirmed that Kuwait was eager to implement UN development goals within the health field, noting the organization’s sustainable development plan for 2015-30 included items focusing on the progress of treatment for heart diseases.
The national heart attack prevention program was launched in Kuwait in 2013 at several health centers in an effort to decrease cases of heart attack in the country.