This post has been read 4332 times!
KUWAIT CITY, April 9: GulfRun –Powered by Zain- hosted a ceremony to award the winners of the 11th GulfRun Race that took place at the Bahrain International Circuit on March 17 and 18, 2016. At the ceremony held on March 28, 2016, GulfRun trophies were presented to the winners in the presence of their sponsors.
“Since the inception of GulfRun, our aim has been to provide car enthusiasts the opportunity to train with qualified instructors in a secure environment, enhancing their skills and techniques,” GulfRun CEO & Founder, Ahmed Al Mudhaf said, “Year after year, we have been seeing drivers vastly improve from previous years in addition to witnessing several new talented and impressive drivers.”
GulfRun is an annual car race that is managed and organized by a group of Kuwaiti car enthusiasts who want to provide a venue for amateur drivers and to raise awareness on safe driving. Over 50 participants are classified into different categories according to their vehicles capabilities and power. At the racetrack, they are trained and compete in various motorsports venues at the track. Drivers can compete against their peers in a safe and secure environment; whilst learning valuable driving skills.
The GulfRun’s management team extends their gratitude to the continuous support by Kuwait’s private sector, which acknowledges the important role sport plays amongst Kuwait’s youth. GulfRun XI is supported by a wide range of sponsors: Title sponsorship by Zain Telecom; Platinum Sponsors: Hydrotek, Algida, Jashanmal, Slider Station, American Tax Bureau; Gold sponsorship by Bespoke Automotive, Al-Sawan Co., MotoCare, Credit One, The Correspondent, and SEVENFRIDAY; Payment Partner: Tap.
Final Race Standing:
- H. Al-Ibrahim BMW M3 28 Points; 2. N. Al-Ali BMW M4 26 Points; 3. B. Al-Sarraf BMW M3 18 Points.
- F. Al-Zaid KTM XBOW R 30 Points; 2. M. Al-Wagayan Porsche GT3RS 26 Points; 3. K. Al-Duaij KTM XBOW GT 16 Points.
- A. Al-Otaibi KTM XBOW RR 30 Points; 2. M. Woelfling KTM XBOW GT4 24 Points; 3. N. Al-Sabah Porsche Turbo 14 Points.
Quartermile Drag Competition
- M. Al-Otaibi Mercedes A45 12.982; 2. J. Al-Rayes VW Golf R
- M. Al-Hajeri Dodge Hellcat 10.909; 2. M. Al-Monawer Ferrari California T 11.633; 3. M. Al-Khorafi Chevrolet Corvette 11.945.
- T. Al-Essa Nissan GTR 9.569; 2. M. Al-Sabah Ferrari 488 10.602; 3. H. Al-Jadi Nissan GTR 10.813.
- A. Al-Otaibi KTM XBOW RR 33.972; 2. N. Al-Salman Porsche GT2 37.841; 3. A. Al-Tammar Alfa Romeo 4C 38.157.