Getting Release

I have been working in a private company since March 2013 as an engineer. Actually I got this job through an interview in India, and my employers sent me a visa. Now I have got a new offer from another private company. So I would like to resign from here but I have not informed the company. My doubt is that whether I will get a release from company because I have completed 3 years and 8 months. What are the new Kuwait rules for getting a release? Please clarify my doubts.

Name withheld

Answer: You have to apply for a release from your current employer and can’t obtain a transfer without “a release”. Now, the requirement is to work at least three years for the employer before asking a release. And if, after three years, the employer refuses to give the release you have to approach the Ministry of Social Affairs & Labor, through the Labor Office in your area. The Ministry has the authority to sanction such transfers and does so in most of such cases.

Kindly send your queries to or

Check Also

Company refusing to give release although completed 4 yrs

I am a engineer. My company terminated me from my services today (23-12-2017) and the …

Translate »