------------- --------------
Tuesday , September 17 2019

Former model accuses Ronaldo of rape

LOS ANGELES, Oct 1, (AFP): Cristiano Ronaldo is facing allegations of rape by a former model who accuses the Portuguese superstar of attacking her in his Las Vegas hotel penthouse suite in 2009. Ronaldo, who now plays for Juventus in Italy’s Serie A, rejected the charges as “fake news” during a live chat on Instagram. “What they said today, fake – fake news,” the 33-year-old star of the Portuguese national team said in a post that was later deleted.

Kathryn Mayorga, 34, of Las Vegas, accused Ronaldo, in a 32-page complaint filed last month with a district court in Nevada, of raping her on June 13, 2009. Mayorga alleges in the lawsuit that she was pressured into signing a nondisclosure agreement to keep the alleged rape secret and is seeking $200,000 in penalties and damages.

The complaint was first reported by the German magazine Der Spiegel. In the suit, Mayorga said she met Ronaldo on the evening of June 12, 2009 at the Rain Nightclub in the Palms Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas

Check Also

Ronaldo return eases Real Madrid striker shortage – Rampant Man City ready to march on Feyenoord

MADRID, Sept 12, (AFP): Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has underlined the importance of welcoming …

Translate »