KUWAIT CITY, Aug 12: On the second day of Eid Al-Adha, firemen from four fire centers rushed to Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh and put out fire to an Arab house, reports Al-Rai daily.
The fire was reported by passers-by and one of the men living in the house, Bangladeshis, jumped from the second floor to escape the flames. He was rushed to the Farwaniya Hospital by personnel from the Emergency Medical Services affiliated to the Ministry of Health.
According to eye witness reports, firemen exerted tremendous efforts to put out the fire and prevent it from spreading to neighboring buildings. The fire sources said the basement of the house was used as a store for sponge and carpets in violation of the real estate laws.
The source added investigation is underway to detect the reasons for the outbreak of fire in the house occupied by Asian workers. When the fire broke out most of them were not at home.