Father in prison can mother renew residence of children

I am a mother of 2 kids (7 years old and 2 years old) my visa is 18 working with 450 KD salary. The father of my children was sentenced to jail for 5 years and under 1st appeal in the court, my son’s residency was already expired 2 months to date. Is it possible I can give him residency under my sponsorship and what will be the process?

Name withheld

Answer: Under the law, it is only the man who is premitted to sponsor the children on family visa. However in rare cases and on compasionate, grounds, the Director General of Immigration Department can give a special dispensation and allow a woman to sponsor her child you may therefore book an appointment with the director-general and who knows, luck may smile at you.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Renewal of residence for dependents

My residence will expire on 15th December, 2016 while that of my wife will expire …

Translate »