------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Extension of Visit Visa for Mother-In-Law

I am an Indian expatriate residing in Kuwait with Electrical Engineer residence permit & civil ID, also receiving about KD 1,000 monthly salary and my wife & child are also staying with me on dependent visa/civil ID.

Now, I want to bring my motherin- law for 3 months to take care of my new born baby, accordingly which visa I should proceed with. Because, I have checked with Ministry of Interior at Ahmadi and they said only 1 month family visit visa can be provided for my mother-in-law, also cannot issue 3 months tourism visa for my mother- in-law.

If only one month family visit visa issued, then will it be possible to extend for 2 months further, while my mother-in-law stays in Kuwait. What is the latest rule in Kuwait, accordingly how can expatriate bring mother-in-law? Kindly awaiting for your valuable advice for me to bring my motherin- law for 3 months period in Kuwait.

Name withheld

Answer: Unfortunately, we cannot say anything different from what you have checked at the Ministry of Interior (Ahmadi) revealed, except to add that the one month visit visa for your mother-in-law cannot be extended for even a day talk of one not to month or two.

According to the latest rule to bring a mother-in-law on a visit visa to Kuwait you should be earning a monthly salary of KD 500 or more.

To apply for a visit visa for your mother-in-law you need a photo copy of her passport, copies of your work permit and civil ID and your rental contract. Attach all these to an application and submit the same to the Immigration Department in your area and your application will be processed within a day.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Minimum salary to sponsor sister on visit visa

I would like to know the minimum salary required to bring my sister to Kuwait. …

Translate »