I am working in Kuwait on #18 Visa with a salary of KD 750 and my husband is working in India. I delivered my baby in Kuwait in October 2017 and got the birth certificate, passport and health insurance done. To sponsor the baby under my name (#22), I tried to get the approval from the Director General of Immigration but the application wasn’t approved.
1. Is it possible to apply for temporary residence (#14) of the baby to stay beyond the 60-day limit by one more month?
2. If not, kindly advise regarding exit procedures to be completed so as to take the baby out of the country before 60 days.
Answer: You can only get a temporary visa for your baby if the processes of getting a permanent visa are being undertaken and there is a fear that these cannot be accomplished within the stipulated 60-day window allowed for that.
However in your case your application to sponsor your child on Visa 22 has been rejected. This then requires of you to make sure that you send your child out of Kuwait within the stipulated 60-day allowed.
To take the child out of Kuwait you need to apply for an exit permit from the Ministry of Interior. The following documents are needed for that purpose
1. Baby’s birth certificate and passport (original and photocopies)
2. Your passport and Civil ID (original and photocopies)
3. Marriage certificate: you need to have the original (which has to be attested by both your embassy and the Kuwait Foreign Ministry) plus you must get same translated in Arabic and attested by Kuwait Foreign Ministry.
Kindly send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions