------------- --------------

Even if your Sponsor gives release before 3 yrs of work, Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour may object

I completed my Bachelor of Electrical & Electronics Engineering in 2007 from Stamford University, Bangladesh and have already 10 years of working experience. However, I came to Kuwait on 27/1/2017 with a supervisor (Project/18/Shoon) visa and working as an Electrical Engineer at a local company in Kuwait but on last 27/12/2017 I changed my profession from supervisor to Electrical Engineer and Project visa to General/Ahli, also changed company licence but same sponsor.

But as per my educational background and job experience I am not getting a good salary. Now I want to transfer my sponsor to another but I don’t know whether I will be able to transfer my sponsor or not. Already I have a very good job offer in a KOC project. Can you please advise me if my current company/sponsor does not give permission/leave me; then how long I have to wait to transfer my sponsor? Or how to transfer my Kuwait sponsor to another in a legal way?

Name withheld

Answer: Since you were brought to Kuwait from your home country by your current sponsor you have to work for him/her for at least three years before you can seek a release. However, if the sponsor so desires he/she can let you go before the expiry of the 3-year mandatory period of service. Another possible way through which you can ask for a release is under a situation in which the sponsor is not respecting his obligations as enshrined in the contract you signed with him/her or as mandated by the Kuwait Labour Law. Under this scenario, however, it is the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour which can decide whether there are breaches in the contract or not. If you are, therefore, convinced that your sponsor is not respecting the terms of your contract or in breach of the labour law, then you can file a case with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour Law office in your area and seek redress.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Confused – Need More Light

I had some concern about the information provided by you on the web. “Yes, you …

Translate »