------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Company says will pay indemnity as mention on work permit and not on what is transferred in bank

This post has been read 4810 times!

I am daily reader of the Legal Clinic. I really appreciate the help provided by you on all the legal issues. I am terminated and serving the 3 months’ notice period now. I am regularly being paid KD 1,000 as salary in bank (last 11 months) and my work permit has KD 750 as salary mentioned.

Now my company says it will pay me only KD 750 for the notice period (3 months) and use KD 750 for the indemnity calculation and balance leave payment. Which one is the correct amount? The one I get regularly in the bank or the one in the work permit. Your speedy response will be highly appreciated.

Name withheld

Answer: Your company is wrong they have to pay you indemnity on your last drawn remuneration (salary and allowances) hence 3 months notice and leave balance payment should be on KD 1,000 as your bank transaction shows. If they don’t pay you, you can go to Labour Court with bank statement.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Expat wins ‘end-of-service’ dues

This post has been read 4811 times! KUWAIT CITY, July 6: The Commercial Labor Circuit …