------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Tuesday , October 27 2020

Company is not accepting resignation after 1 yr of service

I have completed 1 year’s service in a company, but the company is not accepting my resignation letter. How do I proceed from here as the company is not paying overtime and no holiday.

Name withheld

Answer: If you were hired locally by the company, you are entitled to a release after one year service and if the company is refusing you this right, you can file a case against the company at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour through the labor office in your area to seek redress.

On the other hand if you were brought to Kuwait by this company then you are duty-bound to work for them for three years before you can resign and ask for a release.

Having said the preceding, you can still go ahead and file a case against the company if you are convinced that they are not living by the provisions of your contract or as stipulated in the Kuwait Labour Law.

For example the company is obliged under the law to give you one day off if you are compelled to work. Also any number of hours that you work over and above the eight hours as stipulated by the law then you should be paid for those extra hours. So over to you to make the decision as to whether you will file a case against the company or not.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Time frame to transfer visa after serving notice period

I was terminated on Sept 1, 2019. My notice period ends on Nov 30, 2019. …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;

Translate »