KUWAIT CITY, May 21: The official spokesperson for the General Administration of Civil Aviation Saad Al-Otaibi revealed that an integrated plan for the operation of commercial flights at Kuwait International Airport is gradually developed and waiting for the date to restart.
Al-Otaibi stated that the plan is based on 3 stages, initially 30% operations will begin start and in the second stage to 60%, and in third stage is the full return of operation.
He said that the majority of countries in the world are preparing to reopen the airports, and we at Kuwait International Airport are working on restarting, but with strict health regulations and requirements. He stated that the new measures will depend on social separation, use of thermal cameras, as well as new preventive measures inside the aircraft.
The flights are expected to start gradually, starting with the Gulf and Mideast regional countries, then the Arab and foreign countries, with prior coordination before operating the flights to any country that stress on travelers health requirements. Some International airports carry blood test on passengers before being allowed to enter.
Sources revealed that the operation of commercial flights will be gradual and will be based on two factors, the first initial operations to the countries near Kuwait, and the second to the countries which are free from the outbreak of the Corona virus.
Following are the points which will be implemented for passengers
- Be at airport 4 hours prior to departure time (To undergo medical test on the airport)
- Wear masks and gloves.
- Preventing meals on short trips
- Banning buffet in the VIP lounges
- Guiding signs and demarcation floors to organize the lineup.
- No cash transactions
- Examination of travelers.
- Glass barriers between the passages.
- Thermal checking before entering the airport and the plane.
- Hand sanitation spots at various places.
For Airport staff and crew members
- Protective equipment to be worn by the crew.
- Keeping distance between passengers while climbing the plane ladder.
- Preventing personal bags in the aircraft cabin.
- Sterilizing the aircraft after each flight and cleaning the ventilation equipment.
- Providing disinfectants and sterilizing toilets.
- Operating ventilation and air conditioning systems during take-off, after arrival and passenger disembarkation.
- Preventing meals on short trips and providing packed foods for long trips. Reducing the number of aircraft seats by 30% to 40%.
For Commercial shops on the Airport
- Take preventive measures to deal with travelers.
- Sterilization of the commercial shop, seats and halls around the clock.
- Using electronic machines that enable travelers to pay money