This post has been read 5950 times!
KUWAIT CITY, July 8: Kuwait Municipality launched an extensive campaign targeting encroachments on state properties in Jahra and Ahmadi governorates, reports Al-Seyassah daily. On the first day of the campaign, 216 unlicensed structures were demolished and 632 cubic meters of waste materials were lifted. The campaign was launched based on the decision of Director General of Kuwait Municipality Ahmed Al-Manfouhi, which included conducting an integrated survey of desert areas and removing all unlicensed structures.
A number of employees of Kuwait Municipality have been referred for investigations due to their negligence in performing their duties. Kuwait Municipality, in a press statement, praised the role played by Ministry of Interior in providing protection to the employees of Kuwait Municipality in order to facilitate their job. It also lauded the cooperation of Acting Assistant Undersecretary for Public Security Affairs Major General Ibrahim Al-Tarrah and his keenness to coordinate with Kuwait Municipality.
Director of Jahra Municipality Mohammad Al-Aradi revealed about a campaign aimed at removing the violations in Sulaibiya desert where there are 200 agricultural land properties, stressing that the task will take two days to be completed. He indicated that the campaign will later cover Salmi and Mutla’a areas. He said the concerned departments demolished 150 violating structures and lifted 276 cubic meters of waste materials from Sulaibiya desert area so far. Meanwhile, Head of the emergency team of Jahra Municipality Ali Al-Quwaidi said the Public Authority for Agricultural Affairs and Fish Resources (PAAAFR) has allocated specific places for grazing, affirming that grazing outside the specified areas will be considered as a violation