------------- --------------

Came on Family visa – How to transfer to Private Company visa, cost and reverse transfer

I came to Kuwait a few days ago. I have only entry visa, and I have done medical checkup for dependent visa. Can you tell me the procedure if I now get a job? Can my visa be transferred from Article 22 to Article 18? How much it costs? And in case if I would like to go back once from 18 to 22 visa, how much it costs?

Name withheld

Answer: Under the law you need to have been in Kuwait for at least one year, unless you are an university degree holder, to qualify to transfer your Article 22 visa to a work permit.

To transfer a dependent visa to a work visa, all you need is a release letter from your sponsor (husband or father), so that the company which has offered you a job can apply for a work permit for you.

This will be followed by signing a contract with the company after which you will provide the required documents to the company representative known as mandoub in Arabic, who will do the rest of the work at the Immigration Department, the Public Authority for Manpower and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour.

The fee for the work permit is KD2 and the resident permit is KD 10 per year. In the event of a transfer back to a dependent visa you will only pay for KD 10 residence permit.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Renewal of family visa when sponsor changes company

I am working in a private organisation in the Banking sector. On my work permit …

Translate »