------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Wednesday , November 13 2019

Baby’s residence for Father working in Ministry earning less then 250 KD & Mother on Domestic visa

I would like to get some details on procedure for babies born in Kuwait … if the father is working in the Ministry of Social Affairs & Labor with shoun (work permit) residence but salary only KD 220.

Can he get dependent residence for his newborn baby … the mother is in Kuwait on a khadim (domestic) visa.

Name withheld

Answer: You will not be able to sponsor your child in Kuwait because all children born through marriage of an expatriate on a work permit (Article 18) and another on a domestics visa (Article 20) can’t be sponsored as dependents.

According to the law you will be required to take the child out of Kuwait (with the permission of the Immigration Department ) within 60 days of its birth. In case you fail to do so, you will face legal action plus possibly deportation if you try to keep the baby illegally in the country.

Check Also

Obtaining special permission from Director General of Immigration

Please could you advise on the procedure to obtain a special permission from the Director …

Translate »