------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Tuesday , October 20 2020

Baby born 5 months ago, residence still not stamped

My baby was born 5 months ago and I already have the birth certificate but the passport has been delayed … will there be any problem to process the residence?

Name withheld

Answer: Yes, you will most likely face a lot of problems in getting the residence for your baby because you are required to complete all the residence formalities within 60 days of the child’s birth and you are already 3 months past that mark.

You should still apply for the residence, once you have the passport, at the Immigration Department in your area. You will be then referred to an investigation officer in your area. You will be asked, by the investigation officer, for reasons of the delay and if he is satisfied that the delay was not due to any fault of yours he will give you a letter for the Immigration Department so that you get the residence of your child.

Normally, however, the investigation officer, refers you to court which normally imposes a nominal fine – unless it is proved that you have been very, very negligent in getting the residence – and orders the Immigration Department to give you residence.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Baby born with four legs and three hands in India

An Indian woman has given birth to a girl with four legs and three hands …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;

Translate »