------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Absconding Case – Egyptian Mandoub trying to make money

Dear sir, kindly help me if possible. My company filed a “runaway case” against me some four years ago. I managed to negotiate with the company’s kafil (sponsor) and he agreed to withdraw the case.

The sponsor has signed the necessary document and handed it over to the Mandoub (company representative) to submit it to the proper place in order to withdraw the case.

Now, the Egyptian mandoub is asking me to pay KD 600 to end the case … he states that “it’s been a long time and without money this case cannot be withdrawn — else, you have to go back to your country”.

Kindly let me know, if this true — that without the money (KD 600) this case cannot be withdrawn. If so, kindly guide me what should I do.

Name withheld
Answer: There is no money involved in such cases. The Ministry of Interior studies all such cases and gives its decision depending on the merit of each case.

Yes, it is true that a lot depends on the sponsor dropping the case against the “absconder” but with the Ministry very strict on the issue these days it all depends on the investigation into each case.

In some cases, even when the sponsor has withdrawn the case the Ministry has deported the expatriate who “ran away” from his sponsor.

What we feel is that the Mandoub is trying to make a few dinars, nothing else. The police don’t ask for money or fines. If it finds that you deserve being let off it will let you go free and if not, regardless of what you do, you will be punished.

So, forget about paying the Mandoub and go and see your sponsor again. We are sure that the Mandoub is asking for the money without the knowledge of the sponsor.

Check Also

Four charges filed against a school in Ahmadi for hiring domestic workers as staff

KUWAIT CITY, Dec 9: An investigator of a police station in Al-Ahmadi governorate has filed …

Translate »