------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

653 new infections; 620 recover from coronavirus

KUWAIT CITY, Sep 11: Kuwait’s confirmed coronavirus cases increased by 653 to 93,475 with one person having succumbed to the disease which raised the death toll to 557 in the past 24 hours, a health ministry official said on Friday.

The figures include people, who have come into contact with infected individuals, and others whose source of infection is currently being investigated, spokesman Abdullah Al-Sanad told KUNA.

In terms of health zones, 189 cases were reported in Hawalli, 162 in Al-Ahmadi, 110 in the Capital, 105 in Farwaniyah and 87 in Jahra, added the official.

There are 97 people currently receiving intensive care for the virus out of a total 9,258 patients being hospitalised.

Some 4,870 swab tests were conducted in the last 24 hours, out of a total of 668,005 so far, added the spokesman.

The official reiterated the strict need to abide by health precautions, urging nationals and expatriates alike that following social distancing rules is the only way to keep the virus at bay.

Earlier, the ministry said 620 people have recovered from the virus, upping the total number of those to have overcome the disease to 83,660

Check Also

Female employees in service dept hope MoE abide by CSC’s decision to limit their number

KUWAIT CITY, March 3: While a group of female employees in the Ministry of Education …





You have installed adblocker kindly disable
or

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com



 

 

 

Translate »