4 months passed Indemnity still not paid

I already got transferred and joined a new company. My previous company has not paid my 9 years’ indemnity. This is almost four months. To get the indemnity is there any time limit to approach Shoun or can I go there any time? I am trying to use my connections to get the money. I need your legal opinion to solve my problem.

Name withheld

Answer: If you have connections in the company as you claim, and if you believe that these intermediaries are in a position to influence the company to pay you your dues, then we advise that you follow this tangent and give it a try for a few more times. On the other hand, if after a reasonable time frame, you do not see any positive movement on the part of the company, you can then file a complaint with Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour through the Labour Department in your area to seek redress. This complaint can be filed any time at your convenience.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Court judgment on Indemnity and overtime given in staff favour, but American company has changed name 3 times

I was working in the American- based company in Kuwait branch until Oct 12, 2013. …

Translate »