KUWAIT CITY, Feb 23: A total of 23 expatriates including women and children suffered from smoke inhalation when a huge fire broke out in a building in Mahboula area, says Al-Seyassah. According to sources, when the Control Room of Kuwait Fire Service Directorate (KFSD) received information about the building on fire, firefighters rushed to the location with securitymen and paramedics.
After discovering that more than 100 tenants were trapped inside the building, firefighters immediately rescued them, and referred 23 of them to the paramedics at the site. The victims were referred to Adan, Mubarak Al-Kabeer and Farwaniya hospitals for treatment. Firefighters exerted tremendous efforts to extinguish the fire. They discovered that the fire broke out in the laundry room and spread to the annexe and the storage area