RIYADH, April 2 (KUNA) — Saudi Arabia announced Thursday number of fatalities due to the coronavirus jumped to 21 while infections reached 1,885.
Ministry of Health spokesman Dr. Mohammad Al-Abdulaali said five people died of the virus to make total at 21.
He added that 165 people tested positive for the virus, of them 163 came into close contact with previously-infected persons. The spokesman also said that 328 people had recovered so far
Bahrain’s Ministry of Health said Thursday 66 people tested positive for the coronavirus while four others have recovered.
The ministry said in a statement the new cases were of expatriates who were living in Salmabad town and were placed in quarantine.
The ministry added that medical teams were implementing preventive measures to prevent spread of the virus.
There are 290 confirmed cases in Bahrain, three of them in the intensive care unit.
The virus claimed four people.
The UAE announced 210 new cases of coronavirus on Thursday, bringing the country’s total to 1,024.
The new patients, who are in stable condition, were identified during contact tracing and had not adhered to the preventive measures put in place to avoid infection, the Ministry of Health and Prevention said.
The ministry also announced that 35 people had recovered from Covid-19, bringing the total number of recoveries to 96.
The Sultanate of Oman announced, Wednesday, the discovery of 21 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of infections to 231.
According to the Oman News Agency (ONA), the number of cases recovering from the coronavirus was at 34 with one death.
Yesterday, Omani authorities took the decision to relieve most public sector employees from working unless their job required their presence.