KUWAIT CITY, Dec 10, (KUNA): His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah on Saturday hosted the newly-formed Cabinet of the State of Kuwait at the Amiri Airport where His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah presented His Highness with the freshly-nominated ministers. His Highness the Amir congratulated His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah for accepting and bearing the premiership responsibility, wishing him success in his tasks. Following is the list of the new Cabinet proclaimed on Saturday:
1. Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, the First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs.
2. Sheikh Mohammad Al-Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense.
3. Sheikh Khaled Al-Jarrah Al-Sabah, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior.
4. Anas Nasser Al-Saleh, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance.
5. Sheikh Mohammad Al- Abdullah Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah, the Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs.
6. Sheikh Salman Sabah Al- Salem Al-Humoud Al-Sabah, the Minister of Information and Minister of State for Youth Affairs.
7. Hind Barrak Al-Sabeeh, the Minister of Social Affairs and Labor as well as Minister of State for Economic Affairs.
8. Yaser Abul, the Minister of State for Housing Affairs and Minister of State for Utilities.
9. Jamal Mansour Al-Harbi, the Minister of Health.
10. Khaled Nasser Abdullah Al-Roudan, the Minister Commerce and Industry.
11. Abdulrahman Abdulkareem Al-Mutawa’, the as Minister Public Works.
12. Essam Abdulmohsen Al-Marzouq, the Minister Electricity and Water as well as the Minister of Oil.
13. Dr. Faleh Abdullah Al- Azeb, the Minister Justice and the Minister of State for National Assembly Affairs.
14. Dr. Mohammad Abdulatif Al-Fares, the Minister of Education and Minister of Higher Education.
15. Mohammad Nasser Al- Jabri, the Minister of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs as well as Minister of State for the Municipality.
His Highness the Amir praised the tremendous efforts exerted by His Highness the Prime Minister to form the new Cabinet, praising the efforts exerted by the ministers for bearing such a responsibility with all dedication and loyalty, hoping they will successful in performing their duties.
His Highness the Amir said in his cable that “great responsibilities and ambitious economic aspirations sought by the homeland and citizens are awaiting you which require tremendous efforts be harnessed to speed up the peace development in the country.”
His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad added that such would only be achieved through working as a team, positive cooperation between the legislative and executive authorities as well as mutual keenness to tackle issues of citizens’ concerns.
His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad also said that he is fully confi dent in the ability of the ministers to bear the responsibility, urging them to work on resolving problems affecting the citizens and facilitating tasks, according to laws and regulations. His Highness the Amir hosts newly-formed Cabinet, expressing good wishes.
Reciprocating, His Highness the Prime Minister expressed deep gratitude to His Highness the Amir for tasking him, anew, with forming the Cabinet “while we are at the threshold of a new phase in the march of development and prosperity, under your sagacious leadership and guidelines; this depicts the precious confidence you have accorded in me and the brothers, the ministers, who have accepted to cooperate for fulfilling the duties in the most satisfactory manner that may appease His Almighty, Your Highness and all of the citizens of Kuwait.”
His Highness the Premier, who took the oath in front of His Highness the Amir and His Highness the Crown Prince, said he, along with the ministers, is honored to shoulder the responsibility under the critical circumstances in the history of precious Kuwait and in an atmosphere distinguished with popular participation and re-embracing democracy as a method and mode of action, in the face of various challenges.” Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak expressed hope he would succeed in realizing the Kuwaiti people’s aspirations, outlook and constructive instructions of His Highness the Amir for pushing forward the process of construction, development, combating corruption and making reforms for sake of further progress and prominence.”
The swearing-in ceremony was attended by the Minister of Amiri Diwan Affairs Sheikh Nasser Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, Deputy Minister of the Amiri Diwan Affairs Sheikh Ali Jarrah Al-Sabah, the Amiri Diwan Undersecretary Ibrahim Mohammad Al-Shatti, the Cabinet Secretary General Abdulatif Abdullah Al-Roudan, the Director of His the Amir’s Bureau Ahmad Fahad Al-Fahad, the Head of the Amiri Protocol Sheikh Khaled Al-Abdullah Al-Sabah Al-Nasser Al-Sabah and the Director of His Highness the Premier’s Bureau Ahmad Mahmoud Al-Rahmani.