20/08/2026
20/08/2026
SANAA, Two members of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) were among three foreign fighters killed in Yemen, Al Arabiya English reported Thursday, citing Yemeni military sources.
The third fighter was an Iraqi national linked to the IRGC, according to the sources cited by the Saudi-owned broadcaster. The three were reportedly killed during clashes with Yemeni government forces.
Al Arabiya said it was not immediately clear when or where the clashes took place.
Separately, Yemeni sources told Al Arabiya that the commander of what the broadcaster described as the Houthis’ Third Brigade of the “Fatah Brigades” was wounded in a drone strike.
The reported deaths come as Iran’s military involvement in Yemen has drawn increased attention. Al Arabiya previously reported in July that IRGC commanders, military advisers and missile- and drone-related equipment had been sent to Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen.
The latest claims could not immediately be independently verified.
