------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Wednesday , September 22 2021

Vaccination campaign covers laborers abode

12-15 years jabs underway

KUWAIT CITY, July 29: The Ministry of Health has further expanded the vaccination campaign to cover the laborers’ accommodations in an effort to curb the spread of the virus, while the vaccination of children who are 12 to 15 years old is ongoing as planned, reports Al-Qabas daily quoting sources who affirmed that the ministry is keen on vaccinating this children in preparation for the upcoming school year under the supervision of Health Minister Dr Basel Al-Sabah.

Sources disclosed the objective is to vaccinate 280,000 children aged 12 to 15 years; indicating the number of those who registered in the vaccination platform from this category reached 67,000 in the first 10 days and 35,400 have been vaccinated so far — more than half of those who registered. Asked about the way to deal with those who refused vaccination, especially if the students return to schools in the next school year, sources pointed out this issue is in the hands of the Ministry of Education which will announce the mechanism in this regard soon. On children who traveled abroad with their parents before taking the vaccine, sources said they will be registered in preparation for their vaccination later.

In a related development, the Ministry of Health recently opened a vaccination center in a covered gym in Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh in a bid to expedite the vaccination process for the country to achieve herd immunity. Meanwhile, in another development, the mechanism for implementing the Cabinet’s decision to allow the entry of non-Kuwaitis into the country, which stipulates that the decision will be implemented from August 1 according to the approved and announced conditions, does not require an exception from the higher ministerial committee for COVID-19 emergencies, unless a new decision is introduced, reports Al-Anba daily quoting informed sources.

They explained that the announcement regarding allowing entry as an exemption issued by the COVID-19 emergency committee is related to the remaining time period prior to the implementation date of the decision, which is August 1. It was applicable to certain jobs such as judges, doctors and workers of oil companies.

The sources reiterated that the conditions for implementing the Cabinet’s decision include valid residency, certificate proving the passenger received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine approved in the country – Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca – or one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine, a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before boarding the plane, and completion of seven-day home quarantine, during the first three days of which a PCR test is to be performed, and the quarantine ends as soon as the result comes negative.

In response to a question about the mechanism for approving vaccination certificates for non-Kuwaiti arriving passengers, informed sources from the Ministry of Health said, “So far this has not been determined by the concerned ministry despite being left with just one week before the decision comes into effect.” When asked whether non-Kuwaitis will be allowed to enter directly or will the current transit procedure continue, the sources said, “So far this is not known. The current transit system is implemented without a 14-day stay in the transit capital if the arriving passenger has an exception from the COVID-19 emergency committee.”

Check Also

‘70 % get jabs, herd immunity met’

‘Allow co-ops, sports clubs to hold general assemblies’ KUWAIT CITY, Sept 2: MP Osama Al-Shaheen …

Translate »