University graduates below 60 can transfer visa from ‘government’ to ‘private’

This news has been read 3279 times!

KUWAIT CITY, Dec 5: The Public Authority for Manpower (PAM) has opened a window for expatriates, whose professions match their university qualifications and whose age does not exceed 60 years, to transfer their residency from the government sector to the private sector, reports Al-Rai daily. The authority explained that this decision is in line with the steps aimed at addressing the lopsided demographic structure issue and benefit from expatriates with vast experience who might be needed by employers in the private sector, and by the regulations and policies on the demographic structure of the country.

The Board of Directors of PAM issued resolution number 239 of 2023 during its third meeting for fiscal 2023/2024, stating “the expatriates employed in government agencies cannot transfer to the private sector, except those under the following three categories:
1. Husband and children of a Kuwaiti woman married to a non-Kuwaiti, and foreign women married to Kuwaitis,
2. Palestinian document holders,
3. Those who hold a university certificate and have not reached the age of 60, provided that the profession is compatible with the qualification and nature of the job occupied in the government sector.”

The decision also grants PAM the power to “establish regulations on prohibiting such transfer for some professions and specializations in the interest of the public.”

This news has been read 3279 times!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Advt Blocker Detected

Kindly disable the Ad blocker

Verified by MonsterInsights