This post has been read 20061 times!
800 kilos hashish seized, three Iranian partners held
KUWAIT CITY, Feb 27: Personnel from the Ministry of Interior were able to arrest an officer with the rank of lieutenant colonel who took advantage of his position and place of work to smuggle large quantities of narcotics into the country, reports Al-Jarida daily. A security source told the daily, personnel from the Directorate-General for Drugs Control in cooperation with the Coast Guard, were able to arrest the officer who works for the State Security Apparatus at the Shuwaikh Port office who tried to smuggle about 800 kilos of hashish into the country.
The source added the squad after receiving information about the smuggling attempt, set a trap for the man, seized him and handed him over to the concerned authority. The source added the accused was working in collaboration with 3 Iranians to smuggle and sell narcotic substances inside the country. Meanwhile, the Al-Rai daily quoting security sources said the man was working for the Ministry of Defense, with the rank of lieutenant colonel and was caught in possession of a quantity of drugs in Al-Subbiya. The sources pointed out the arrest came when the the Jahra security men, were securing the celebration sites at the Jaber Bridge and saw the vehicle parked in a suspicious manner.
A police patrol approached the vehicle and asked the driver why he had pulled over at this suspicious location and after searching the vehicle were shocked to find a quantity of drugs. The sources pointed out police inquiries showed that he was a former officer in the Kuwaiti army, and he was remanded to police custody for 10 days (the Directorate-General for Drugs Control) to take legal measures against him. In another development, the Ministry of Interior announced on Friday, that it had thwarted an attempt to smuggle a large quantity, estimated to be about a quarter of a ton of narcotic hashish and other psychotropic substances, reports KUNA.
The General Department of Relations and Security Media at the Ministry of Interior said in a press statement that “the General Department for Drug Control, in cooperation with the General Administration of the Coast Guard, managed to thwart the smuggling operation and the arrest of a gang consisting of 5 accused so far, and investigations are still continuing.” It also confirmed that after the completion of all procedures, the accused and the seized items will be referred to the Narcotics Prosecution, where the jurisdiction is, stressing the continuation of security campaigns against drug dealers and promoters to eradicate this scourge and that no one is above the law