------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Number of corona cases continues to increase

‘Majority of infected Kuwaitis are young adults, adolescents’

KUWAIT CITY, March 21: The number of people infected with coronavirus continues to increase although more than 10 days have passed since the government decided to impose partial curfew in a bid to curb the spread of the virus, reports Al-Qabas daily.

Shoppers flock to a mall during the weekend taking advantage of the hours before the imposed curfew

According to health officials; the number of new corona cases recorded since March 7 – the first day of partial curfew – reached 14,245 in addition to 74 deaths and 51 intensive care unit (ICU) cases. Sources revealed that the infections among Kuwaitis have increased significantly – about 67 percent of the total number of cases; while non-Kuwaitis constitute the remaining 33 percent. Sources said majority of the Kuwaitis infected with corona are young adults and adolescents, pointing out these segments are the ones who underestimate the disease. Authorities continue to monitor banquets, weddings and gatherings in offices. Meanwhile, the officials confirmed that 445,000 citizens have been vaccinated against corona.

Check Also

1,479 infected with coronavirus

KUWAIT CITY, June 7: At least 1,479 people have tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) …

Translate »